Welcome to Our Home

For years people have come to my home and always been very complimentary. I always thought of it as more of a cordiality. Recently I took part in our neighborhood Christmas homes tour. Over 250 people came into my home. When I saw ladies taking pictures of my ideas, I realized that I truly do inspire others. Sometimes I come up with ideas, and my husband really thinks I'm taking things a step too far. Like 5 months after we moved into our brand new home, I wanted to paint all the fireplace wood work and mantle black. Well, 4 years later we still like it and show guests the 'before' photo. We are all inspired by something. So, as I share things on this blog, I hope you duplicate, improve and are inspired to take your decorating just one step further. Enjoy!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Message in a Letter Tray

Soooo, if you haven't guessed by now, I love thrift stores. I love them more than garage sales. Because I don't have to drive, stop, drive, stop, haggle, drive, stop, etc. And typically the prices are fair. I visited one of my favorite thrift stores of the past and was disappointed that their prices went up so high. But, I did find this wooden letter tray that I really did like. It was in good shape and I loved the color.

I knew I wanted it to have a simple message and it is between our kitchen and dining table. So, EAT seems appropriate and to the point. I printed the letters, cut them out, and then traced around them. Tip: To conserve printer ink, change your font to outline only.

I then painted the letters in and applied my favorite antiquing gel on top. Simple, cute and cheap at 99 cents.

1 comment: